KX2.0:Striving for transformation utilizing
knowledge and experience of over 100 years
Corporate Business Plan (FY2022–2024)
To accelerate innovations across the sectors —Sales, R&D, Manufacturing, as well as Support and
Administration—for creating new corporate values that will lead to sustainable growth, and to make meaningful
contributions to a sustainable society through business activities.
1. Accelerate Business Growth Strategy
Basic products: Enhance
competitiveness & Develop high-value
- Expand sales of amines and pyridines and expedite new products commercialization.
- Accelerate development of new applications (e.g., CO₂
- Pursue business expansion via collaboration with third
- Improve competitiveness through fundamental cost
reduction and productivity enhancement measures.
Specialty Products and New Business:
- Achieve smooth startup of CM IV plant (scheduled to
start fall 2022)
- Find new applications for ionic liquids.
- Early commercialization of low-temperature curing
catalysts and accelerate development of applications.
- Expand organometallic catalyst and pharmaceuticals/
crop protection products intermediates business.
- Accelerate new product development through stronger
collaboration with Sumitomo Chemical Group.
- Explore new business fields (e.g., optical/electronic/
battery materials, environmental impact reduction).
- Construct new business models through combination
of existing and new technologies.
Business Portfolio Enhancement
- Review of product priorities in light of profitability and
strategic importance as well as the implementation of
PLCM (product life cycle management) for maximizing
2. Strengthen Business Foundations
- Enhance productivity and strengthen
competitiveness in Manufacturing, R&D, SCM
and Office areas.
- Data scientists/engineers’ skill development.
- Enhanced use of new management indicators.
・Return on invested capital (ROIC)
・Cash conversion cycle (CCC)
- Strengthen PR and IR activities.
- Pursue organizational development.
- Improve KPIs for corporate value creation.
- Create and implement a plan and schedule for
- Adapt to the new Corporate Governance Code
- Improve governance structure and relevant
・Reorganization and enhancement of internal
3. Enhancement of Human Resources Development
- Strengthen management training
- Continue improving performance
- Establish new programs for
- Reexamine and strengthen
development programs in
functional area (Manufacturing,
R&D and Sales/Marketing).
- Establish a career development
- Update a dual career ladder path
- Improve and modify the
management of objectives,
including clarification of criteria