Corporate Policy on Safety, Environment and QualityKoei Chemical manages to strive for the continued growth of the company based on integrity and prudence and by best utilizing the wisdom and energy of all its employees and management and ontribututes to the advancement of society through the development of unique technologies and high value-added products.
With the concept of "Making Safety First Priority" being fundamental to all company's operations, our company is determined to conduct all activities, including production, R&D, marketing and sales and logistics, in accordance with the following policy related to safety, the environment and product quality.
1. To maintain zero-accident and zero-injury operations and the safety of neighboring communities and our employees.
2. To ascertain the safety of raw materials, intermediates and products and prevent our employees, distributors, customers, and consumers from being exposed to any possible hazzard.
3. To supply high-quality products and services that satisfy customers' needs and ensure safety in their use.
4. To assess and reduce environmental impact at all operational stages, from product development to disposal, and to undertake all practical environmental protection measures.
Established on January 1st, 1995
Revised on June 26th, 2014
Koei Chemical Company, Limited
President: Shigenori Tsuda
What's "Responsible Care"?In the field of chemical engineering, when corporations handling chemical substances employ voluntary systems of environmental protection, safety and health across all aspects of development, production, distribution, use and discarding and recycling by the end-user and publish the results of these activities in order to communicate with society at large, these activities are referred to as “Responsible Care”.
Policy on Responsible Care Activities
Established on January 1st, 2009In accordance with the Coporate Policy on Safety, Environment and Quality, Koei Chemical will actively strive to promote responsible care activities in developing our business and will also di its utmost to achieve sustainable development and earn the trust of society.
1. We will achieve our zero-accident, zero-injury targets to ensure stable operations.
2. We will conduct risk management throughout the life cycle of our products, including development, manufacturing, transport and disposal, and strive to conserve the environment, as well as to ensure the safety and health of our employees as well as that of local community.
3. We will comply with domestic and international laws and standards relating to safety and the environment, and strive to meet even stricter targets than ewquired by law.
4. We will promote the consevation of resources and energy and to minimize waste emission and strive to conserve the environment.
5. We will implement the requisite education and training of our employees relating to safety, environment and quality and will promote effective responsible care activities.
6. We will promote both risk-reduction and accident-prevention from the perspective of product safety and quality.
7. We wil evaluate the content of our activities and seek to implement improvements through internal audits pertaining to occupational health and safety, security and disaster prevention, environmental protection, chemical safety, product safety and qualitu assurance.
8. We will keep the external commnication among a related government office, the region and the stake holder, and aim at coexistence with the society.
This line of action makes public to all workers and the person with whom it relates, shall be understood, and assumed to be the one to attempt the improvement of consideration.