Corporate Policy on Safety, Environment and QualityKoei Chemical manages to strive for the continued growth of the company based on integrity and prudence and by best utilizing the wisdom and energy of all its employees and management and contribututes to the advancement of society through the development of unique technologies and high value-added products.
With the concept of "Making Safety First Priority" being fundamental to all company's operations, our company is determined to conduct all activities, including production, R&D, marketing and sales and logistics, in accordance with the following policy related to safety, the environment and product quality.
1. To maintain zero-accident and zero-injury operations and the safety of neighboring communities and our employees.
2. To ascertain the safety of raw materials, intermediates and products and prevent our employees, distributors, customers, and consumers from being exposed to any possible hazard.
3. To supply high-quality products and services that satisfy customers' needs and ensure safety in their use.
4. To assess and reduce environmental impact at all operational stages, from product development to disposal, and to undertake all practical environmental protection measures.
Established on January 1st, 1995
Revised on June 22nd, 2018
Koei Chemical Company, Limited
President: OKAMOTO Yoshihiko
What's "Responsible Care"?The global chemical industry is working voluntarily to protect health, safety and the environment through every process from the development of chemical substances, their manufacture, distribution, use and final consumption to disposal as well as engaging in dialogue and communication with the public by openly disclosing performance. These initiatives are called "Responsible Care".
Policy on Responsible Care Activities
Established on January 1st, 2009In accordance with the Corporate Policy on Safety, Environment and Quality, Koei Chemical will actively strive to promote responsible care activities in developing our business and will also do its utmost to achieve sustainable development and earn the trust of society.
1. We will achieve our zero-accident, zero-injury targets to ensure stable operations.
2. We will conduct risk management throughout the life cycle of our products, including development, manufacturing, transport and disposal, and strive to conserve the environment, as well as to ensure the safety and health of our employees as well as that of local community.
3. We will comply with domestic and international laws and standards relating to safety and the environment, and strive to meet even stricter targets than required by law.
4. We will promote the conservation of resources and energy and to minimize waste emission and strive to conserve the environment.
5. We will implement the requisite education and training of our employees relating to safety, environment and quality and will promote effective responsible care activities.
6. We will promote both risk-reduction and accident-prevention from the perspective of product safety and quality.
7. We will evaluate the content of our activities and seek to implement improvements through internal audits pertaining to occupational health and safety, security and disaster prevention, environmental protection, chemical safety, product safety and quality assurance.
8. We will keep the external communication among a related government office, the region and the stake holder, and aim at coexistence with the society.
This line of action makes public to all workers and the person with whom it relates, shall be understood, and assumed to be the one to attempt the improvement of consideration.